LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <<0>> Spanish for Windows is one piece of a complete language learning and translation solution for your PC. That complete solution would be the LingvoSoft Dictionary 2008. Each piece can handle two languages but if you prefer you can bur the whole solution at once. Once installed on your desktop or laptop PC this dictionary translates between the languages included in your version (piece) or, if you have the complete solution, between the languages you choose. LingvoSoft Dictionary 2008 for Windows is fully integrated with LingvoSoft FlashCards and LingvoSoft PhraseBook, other language resources and tools developed by the same producer. You can easily select and export words from the dictionary to the FlashCards database or find phrases with the word in PhraseBook.
The first time you start the program the registration window will appear on the screen. You will need to register your program to get access to the full dictionary database. While using the trial version, only 10% of the database is available to users. Just enough to get an idea of what this software is about and how it is used. If the language of the dictionary is not installed on your computer you will see the dialog window, notifying you that the program may run with errors. It means that the operating system requires support for the dictionary languages installed. So before buying LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary, you make sure your system complies all requirements for fully functionality. If it doesn’t, you can click on Regional options to start installation of the required language support. The Regional Options window will appear and you can choose and set the language of the dictionary, quick and easy.
About system requirements, here’s a list for you to check out:
• Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
• 16 MB of free space on the hard disk
• at least 64 MB of system memory
• sound card
The Basic Function Toolbar is destined for quick call of basic functions of the dictionary and to operate the Input Line. It includes a number of buttons with specific functions assigned to them.
- Translation direction: changes the direction for translation.
- Say: use to listen to the pronunciation of the selected word.
- Add word: use to add the highlighted word to the User Dictionary.
- Word for word translation: Use to translate text word by word.
- Synonyms: opens the window with synonyms for the current word.
- POFS filter: opens the POFS filter window.
- Increase letter size: increases letter size in Input Line, List of Entries and in the Window for Articles.
- Decrease letter size: decreases letter size in Input Line, Wordlist and in the Window for Articles.
- Help: opens product Help.
You can buy this product right from the developer’s site on Internet for $ 49.95, and you can try it before all the time you need but with the limitation mentioned before.
- You can buy it online.
- It's a lightweight application.
- You can hear the correct word pronunciation
- Each piece includes only two languages at a time.
- The trial limits the database to the 10%